This is definitly nothing average users or even average programmers have to know, but if you’re a Symfony developer this might come very handy and could save you hours of searching and evenings of frustration :)
Many of you might have been waiting for this release and right you are, because it’s fully packed with improvements:
- [fix] uninstall method changed
- [fix] another try to avoid doubled entries
- [fix] hide-if-empty was broken
- [add] now the plugin carries some cool ready-to-use layout variants (fully customizable, of course)
- [change] the built-in layouts now feature robust, CSS-driven tooltips
- [add] there is a new special tag for variables %VARIABLE:<name-of-variable>:<value-of-variable>% which is only useful in built-in configurations and needed for things like API keys.
- this gets used in the GoogleMaps event layouts to ask you for your domain-specific API-Key, which you can sign-up for here.
It is important that you select a layout (or write you custom one) after changing type or adding a new widget, otherwise the formatting would be uninitialized and the widget will be empty.
Continue reading [Release] Last.fm for Artists 0.7
Finally I am proud to announce a new bright and shiny version of my Last.fm for Artists WordPress plug-in. The highlights of this release include:
- improved wordpress 2.7 compatibility (css, un-installation)
- further clarified options layout: Users reported to be overwhelmed by the number of options, so I split it up in normal and advanced options, utilizing the built-in thickbox script.
Upgraders pay attention: It’s most likely that your options get reset to default, so I recommend a backup. From version 0.6.1. on this should not happen anymore.
I’m planning to further de-complicate the usage of the plugin by including a few more sample configurations per widget type which might be selected via an additional option. Also I think there is a need for another widget type: “Top Tags” and/or “Related Artists” whose implementation won’t be very complicated.
Recently I wanted to migrate an old and rather hacked installation of EGroupware 1.4.002 running on a home server to the bright and shiny version 1.6.001 on a webhosting server. If you are familiar with such stuff you possibly would have wished me good luck…
Anyhow, I ran into quite a few problems, for some of which I had to edit the source – and in case you’re also facing one or another of these, here are the solutions. Continue reading Fixing EGroupware
Within the last 3 or 4 weeks I decided to further develop a small game application for the J2ME (Java Micro Edition), a.k.a. a mobile phone game. I begun this one with 2 fellow students at university for some kind of practical exercise of the lecture “Java in Embedded Systems” and after about 4 to 6 months we released a working but buggy alpha version. Which was ok for the course but a unreasonable demand for potentially end users. Finally 2 friends of mine, who served me as acceptance victims, surged me to implement at least a highscore. This was enough motivation – I reactivated the project and added some features, removed some bugs and made it to version 0.6. And for your convenience, I attached the game, please let me know your thoughts. Continue reading Reincarnation of “University”